Vegetable Pulao Recipe
If you're looking for a healthy, quick, wholesome and hardy dish, look no further. Vegetable Pulao is one of India's most revered dishes. It's a great way to cook something delicious for a group of people or just an awesome way to utilize those left over veggies.
Please check out the video, ingredients and directions below.
The ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked for 30 mins
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorn
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 4 - 6 cloves
- 2-3 bayleaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 1-2 Black cardamom
- 1 red onions sliced
- 2 tsp. of garlic paste
- 1 tsp. of ginger paste
- 2 - 3 green chillies sliced
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. red chili
- In a large hot pan warm olive oil. Add in bay leaves, cinnamon sick, cloves, black & green cardamom and black peppercorns. Mix well.
- Add in ginger and garlic paste. Add chilies and mix.
- Add in desired veggies. I used potatoes, peas, carrots and cauliflower. Add in red chili powder and mix.
- Add in rice after it has been soaked for at least 30 min and mix again.
- Add 2 cups of water. Wait until water starts boiling and cover pot. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until becomes soft.
- Add cilantro as garnish (optional) and serve!
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to watch the following:
- Dal Curry
- Mushroom Curry
- Indian Style Scrambled Eggs
- Rajma Curry
- Chana Masala
- Tamatar Ki Chutney
- Aloo gobi
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!
Check out our latest recipe!
Some cool facts about Indian Spices!
At Bharat Bazar, we are proud Indians. Are you?
Check out our Organic Daily Product Line!
Check out 9 amazing facts about Hinduism
Check out some great things to do in Union City, CA
Check out what's new with our Sunnyvale Store!