Vegetable Pulao Recipe
If you're looking for a healthy, quick, wholesome and hardy dish, look no further. Vegetable Pulao is one of India's most revered dishes. It's a great way to cook something delicious for a group of people or just an awesome way to utilize those left over veggies.
Please check out the video, ingredients and directions below.
The ingredients you'll need:
- 1 cup basmati rice soaked for 30 mins
- 2 tsp. oil
- 1/2 tsp. black peppercorn
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 4 - 6 cloves
- 2-3 bayleaf
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3-4 Green cardamom
- 1-2 Black cardamom
- 1 red onions sliced
- 2 tsp. of garlic paste
- 1 tsp. of ginger paste
- 2 - 3 green chillies sliced
- cilantro to garnish
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garam masala
- 1 tsp. red chili
- In a large hot pan warm olive oil. Add in bay leaves, cinnamon sick, cloves, black & green cardamom and black peppercorns. Mix well.
- Add in ginger and garlic paste. Add chilies and mix.
- Add in desired veggies. I used potatoes, peas, carrots and cauliflower. Add in red chili powder and mix.
- Add in rice after it has been soaked for at least 30 min and mix again.
- Add 2 cups of water. Wait until water starts boiling and cover pot. Let simmer for 15-20 minutes or until becomes soft.
- Add cilantro as garnish (optional) and serve!
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to watch the following:
- Dal Curry
- Mushroom Curry
- Indian Style Scrambled Eggs
- Rajma Curry
- Chana Masala
- Tamatar Ki Chutney
- Aloo gobi
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!
Check out our latest article
Why is Fiber Important - click here
Click to make Indian Style Chai!
Check out these benefits!
Check out our newest article!
Indian style mashed potatoes
Check our 5 Indians Spices that will change your LIFE!
Happy Thanksgiving - check out our latest post!