Tamatar Ki Chutney or Tomato Chutney is an extremely easy dish to cook. It's a great indian vegetarian recipe to know when you are stretched for time. It's full of vibrant colors, spices and flavors. It's a simple dish of tomatoes that transforms into a delicacy that has been enjoyed by Indian families for a long time.
Check out the recipe below. Remember, all ingredients and spices can be found at our Bharat Bazar Locations in Fremont, Union City and Sunnyvale.
See our newest line of Some Spice and Organic Daily Products during your next visit!
Check out the video below on how to make Tamatar Ki Chutney
Ingredients for Tomato Chutney
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of fenugreek seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds
- 5-7 curry leaves
- 3 tsp. of garlic paste
- 1/2 onion (diced)
- 2-3 thai chillies (depending on spice tolerance)
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- cilantro and red onion to garnish (optional)
- Heat pan on medium to high heat and add olive oil, cumin, fenugreek and mustard seeds. Let cook for 30-45 seconds.
- Add curry leaves, garlic paste, onion and thai chillies. Mix and let cook for 2-3 minutes
- Add in tomatoes and mix all ingredients for about 30 seconds.
- Cook for about 7-10 minutes on medium height.
- Serve with sliced red onion and fresh cilantro as garnish to finish the dish
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to watch the following:
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!