Indian Style Mashed Potatoes -YUM!!!
With the the Holidays fast approaching, it's a great time to create new dishes for your friends and family. We came up with a twist on a traditional American classic.
Mashed potatoes are commonly enjoyed during Thanksgiving, but are popular during Christmas as well. It's warm, comforting, filling and easy to prepare - but it's still just potatoes.
Today we came up with a great recipe for you!
Indian style mashed potatoes adds an extra element of flavor to this classic favorite. Check out our recipe and video on how to make this dish below.
- 2-3 rustic potatoes boiled (peeled or not)
- mustard oil
- cumin seeds
- fenugreek seeds
- red chili powder
- red onions
- green chilies
- chopped garlic
- Peel potatoes and boil until soft and place into large bowl
- In a separate pan add mustard oil, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and let cook for 1-2 minutes on medium to high heat
- add in onions, garlic, green chilies and a dash of red chili powder.
- cook for 2-3 minutes
- add all ingredients in pan into mashed potatoes bowl.
- mix, add cilantro and serve
- butter (optional)
Check out the recipes below and make your next meal amazing! All our spices and ingredients can be found at our Bharat Bazar Locations. Come on by!
- Dal Curry
- Mushroom Curry
- Indian Style Scrambled Eggs
- Rajma Curry
- Chana Masala
- Tamatar Ki Chutney
- Aloo gobi
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!