Easiest Recipe Ever for Indian Style Chai
Indian to Chai (Tea) is like one of those beautiful vocational partnerships like Robert Dinero and Scorsese. The two just go together.
Tea for Indians is more than leaves boiling in water. It's when family and friends share quality time together.
To make Indian tea is simple yet still carries with it an illusive quality. Magic is truly created when putting together a few ingredients.
Today we have broken down how to make it. Check out the video below and let us know how it turned out!
- Green cardamon - 2-3 pieces
- Cinnamon stick - 1 stick
- Loose black tea leaves (Tag Mahal brand) - 2-3 teaspoons
- Sugar - to taste
- Ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Milk - 3/4 - 1 cups
- Water - 1.5 - 2 cups
- In a mortar and pestle and grind together cinnamon stick, green cardamon and ginger
- In a pot of boiling water add cardamon, ginger and cinnamon stick. Let the spice blend meld into the boiling water for 2 minutes
- Add in tea leaves. Use less if you don't want it as strong. Let boil for 1-2 minutes or let steep longer for stronger brew.
- Add milk and stir in sugar.
Don't forget to check out our past recipes below. All ingredients - including our Pooja and Organic Daily brand products can be found at any of 3 Bharat Bazar Locations. Come on by!
- Dal Curry
- Mushroom Curry
- Indian Style Scrambled Eggs
- Rajma Curry
- Chana Masala
- Tamatar Ki Chutney
- Aloo gobi
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!
Check out our latest article
Why is Fiber Important - click here
Click to make Indian Style Chai!
Check out these benefits!
Check out our newest article!
Indian style mashed potatoes
Check our 5 Indians Spices that will change your LIFE!
Happy Thanksgiving - check out our latest post!