Simple to make Aloo Gobi - Delicious!!!
Aloo Gobi aka potatoes and cauliflower is another beloved Indian Dish. Like many children growing up, eating vegetables let alone cauliflower was a daunting task but our mothers made it work.
Former Travel Channel host and self-proclaimed carnivore, Anthony Bourdain said he could happily eat vegetarian food in India without noticing that he wasn't consuming meat. No other vegetarian cuisine in the world as the esteem that Indian food carries.
The vibrant colors and tantalizing Indian spices work together creating a molecular gastronomic wave of intense flavors. At Bharat Bazar, our Organic Daily and Pooja Brand Spices do precisely this!
Check our our latest video and recipe below and if you're in the Sunnyvale, Fremont or Union City area - make sure you stop by and check out our selection of spices and fresh ingredients.
Below the video we have our past recipes. Don't forget to check them out!
- 1/2 onion
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tomatoes
- 6 to 7 cloves of garlic
- ginger paste
- 1 thai chilli
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 medium potatoes cubed small
- 1 small cauliflower chopped into large florets
- Heat olive oil on medium heat.
- Add blended mixture of garlic, onions, tomatoes, chili, ginger
- Add potatoes cut in cubes and mix 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower
- Add salt, cumin powder, garam masala powder, red chili powder and turmeric
- Add 1/4 cup water if needed. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt to taste (if needed)
- To finish, garnish with fresh cilantro and a lemon juice
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!