Deepak Chopra - 5 Great Reasons to Live Life!
Deepak Chopra is an author, speaker, alternative health advocate and a prominent figure in the mindfulness movement. Today, we wanted to share quotes that we feel will help you lead a better life:
1. "The highest levels of performance come to people who are centered, intuitive, creative, and reflective - people who know to see a problem as an opportunity."
Problems will never cease to exist. They come in waves. Some in short titanic bursts and others, in subtle, calming ones. It's not important to get rid of problems, but more so how to deal with them. If you can see every issue in life as an opportunity to grow into a better you, life can become intrinsically joyous.
2. "There are no extra pieces in the universe. Everyone is here because he or she has a place to fill, and every piece must fit itself into the big jigsaw puzzle."
Someone once said there are two important moments in one's life. One is the day we are born, and the other is when we find out why. We all have something to contribute to the world. Don't stop trying to find what that is.
3. "Meditation makes the entire nervous system go into a field of coherence."
A meditation practice brings to fruition what scientists have found theoretically true through logical means. If we all emanated from the same source, then we must all be somewhat related. Meditation helps center us by bringing us into the field of awareness. By understanding the breath, we are able to understand that where we are is the only place we can ever be. It's in this moment where we can see all immanent and inanimate forms of life as one in the same.
4. "People need to know that they have all the tools within themselves. Self-awareness, which means awareness of their body, awareness of their mental space, awareness of their relationships - not only with each other, but with life and the ecosystem."
Today, try to challenge yourself to look inside yourself and see if the answers come to you without the need of outside counsel. If this exercise is uncomfortable, that is good. It's not easy to rely on yourself for answers during difficult times, but this is where resiliance, strenth and patience are born, and with this comes awareness.
5. "A child in India grows up with the idea that you have to make choices that will create a better future. In fact, your whole life is a continuum of choices, so the more conscious you are, the greater your life will be."
We make a lot of choices throughout a lifetime. When you bring awareness into your everyday life, you start to understand that every decision you make, every act you partake in, and every word you utter has a seismic effect on another portion of your life and those apart of it. Choose your words, your prayers, and your duties to humanity seriously. This is where character is built.
6. "Dynamic activity and deep rest of the mind are complementary to each other."
Creativity is born in the moments where our mind is at rest. Choose to make it a point to rest more. Great action with steady awareness can only come from moments where the mind is silent. Some helpful tips before bed: Turn the lights down, power down your electronic devices (or, place them on airplane and blue light mode), and sit in silence for 5-15 minutes. This may assist in cultivating more creativity.
We hope you enjoyed our latest post. Come by our Bharat Bazar locations if you're in the Union city, Fremont or Sunnyvale areas.
Check out our past posts on Indian health, wellness and culture.
- 8 Benefits of Neem
- Is the Cow Sacred
- Why you need more Turmeric in your Life
- Get more Coconut in your Diet!
- 5 Quotes from the Bhagavad Gita to help your day
- 7 health practices to adopt from the East
- Why you should walk barefoot
If you haven't already, please subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!