2017 Festival of India in Fremont, CA
Next week on August 12th and 13th the city of Fremont will host the 25th annual Festival of India. Attendance is free and will have an expectancy of about 150,000 people. It will take place at 39439, Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA.
California has the highest population of Indians in the United States at about 550,000 people and Fremont is one of the densest communities in the state. Many people refer to Fremont as little India. The Festival of India is a time to share our culture and food with others. It's also a time to celebrate diversity and share our culture with others.
- FOOD and Mela Festival - Delicious sweet, savory and spicy snacks and meals will be served August 12-13th from 10am -7pm. In attendance will be other proprietors.
- Movie Festival - From August 5th - 12th see various film makers showcasing their work
- Health Fair - August 12th 10am - 1pm learn from leading experts in health and medicine tactics to improve and prolong healthy habits.
- Dance Competition - On August 12 from 10am -6pm see the talented youths of the community taking part in choreographed Bhangra and Bollywood Dances!
- India Day Parade - August 13th from 11am - 2pm
Make sure to mark your calendars and see you there!
Check out some of our past blogs
- Bharat Bazar and Fremont
- The Sunnyvale Experience Bharat Bazar
- Why to support local businesses
- Grand Opening of Fremont Store
If you haven't already, please subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!
Indian style mashed potatoes
Check our 5 Indians Spices that will change your LIFE!
Happy Thanksgiving - check out our latest post!
Check out our newest recipes!
Check out our latest recipe!