Aloo Matar Recipe from Bharat Bazar-Easy to make, tastes great and healthy!
Aloo Matar - also known as Potatoes and Peas is a beloved Indian dish. It's a great way to take humble ingredients like potatoes and pack them with intense flavor.
Mustard seeds, cumin seeds and garam masala enhances this dish with the necessary flavor to throw your taste-buds into over drive. At Bharat Bazar we carry all these ingredients, so make sure the next time you're in the Fremont, Union City or Sunnyvale locations - stop on by!
Check out the video and below it we have the entire recipe for you as well. Cheers to you and yours!
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- 4-5 Potatoes (peeled)
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- 1 1/2 tsp. of garam masala
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tsp. of garlic paste
- 1 tsp. of ginger paste
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 green chili (serrano)
Recipe for Aloo Matar
- Place olive oil in hot pan, add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, chopped onions, garlic paste, ginger paste, and chopped green chili and bay leaf. Let this mixture cook until onions become translucent. After about 3-4 minutes of cooking on medium to high heat add potatoes and peas and let cook for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes become soft.
- Add in garam masala, tomato puree, garam masala and salt. Mix and let cook for an additional 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat
- Add cilantro and red onion (optional). Add salt to taste and ENJOY!
If you liked this recipe, don't forget to watch the following:
If you haven't already, subscribe to our newsletter so you never miss a post as we celebrate Indian culture and food!
Indian style mashed potatoes
Check our 5 Indians Spices that will change your LIFE!
Happy Thanksgiving - check out our latest post!
Check out our newest recipes!
Check out our latest recipe!