Indian Style Scrambled Eggs
Growing up I always ate two styles of eggs.
One version was the traditional American way. It was simple and other than salt, seasoning was minimal. Whether it was scrambled eggs or sunny-side up I recall reaching out for hot sauce or ketchup to add flavor.
The other version was Indian style scrambled eggs. My mother would make it for us a few times a week. It was intensely flavored with onions and chillies. It was served alongside warm roti and a hot cup of chai.
It was delicious and spicy and needing nothing extra!
Today I wanted to share my own version of Indian style scrambled eggs. Once you introduce yourself to the flavors in this dish, it's hard to go back to regular boring eggs.
Check out the video and recipe below.
- 4-5 eggs
- 1 tomato diced
- 3-4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup of mushrooms chopped
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp. of turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. of red chili powder
- 3-4 thai chilies
- 1 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Heat olive oil in pan for 2 minutes
- add mustard and cumin seeds to pan for 30-45 seconds
- add onions, garlic and chillies and let brown for a few minutes
- add tomatoes, mushrooms, spinach, turmeric, cumin powder, salt and red chili powder and let brown for 2-3 minutes
- add in beaten eggs and cook on high heat for 3-4 minutes
- add cilantro and serve alongside roti for an excellent Indian style breakfast
I hope you make this for your family and friends!
Blogger @Bharat Bazar