10 Minute Chana Masala
One of my favorite dishes since I was a child was Chana Masala.
Even today I can smell the aromatic spice blend of the intensely flavored masala's. It wasn't until I cultivated a love for cooking that I realized how easy this dish is to make.
Taste aside, Chana -also referred to as chickpeas or garbanzo beans is extremely high in protein and fiber.
Today I wanted to share a recipe for our 10 minute Chana Masala. All the ingredients in this dish can be found at our Bharat Bazar locations in Sunnyvale, Fremont and Union City.
10 Minute Chana Masala Video
What you will need (Ingredients)
- 2 cups of daily organics dried chickpeas or 2 cans of chickpeas. If you use dried chickpeas soak in water the night before (8-10 hours) and then boil for 30 minutes before cook time. Canned chickpeas are ready to use.
- 2 tsp. of olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds
- 4-5 curry leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tomato diced
- 3-4 garlic gloves minced
- 1 tsp. of grated ginger
- 2-3 thai chillies (depending on spice tolerance)
- 1 tsp. of turmeric powder
- 2 tsp. of garam masala
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 bunch cilantro
- salt to taste
How to prepare and cook in 10 minutes ( 5 easy steps )
- In a hot pan add olive oil, cumin and mustard seeds, onions, garlic, ginger and chillies
- Mix until onions becomes translucent (2-3 minutes)
- Add in Pooja brand's turmeric and garam masala and let all the ingredients marry together and brown for 2 minutes
- Add in chickpeas, tomato, 1/4 cup water and salt to taste and cook at a high simmer for 4-5 minutes. Mix often to let flavors meld together
- Put on low heat for 1 minute then turn off stove. Add cilantro to finish dish and serve over rice or alongside roti or paratha.
Please subscribe to our blog for future articles, recipes and more!
Blogger @ Bharat Bazar
Check out what's new with our Sunnyvale Store!
Check out our latest post!
Check out what the buzz in Fremont is all about!
India is full of mystery - check out this post as we uncover some of it!
Check out our latest recipe!
Read this post before you get familiar with Yoga
Why you need a Masala Dabba!