Get more Turmeric in your life!
If you’ve grown up in an Indian household then Turmeric (pronounced in hindi as haldi) has been a staple part of your upbringing.
Probably unbeknownst to you, it’s benefits are not be overlooked.
In San Francisco, CA you can find trendy cafes selling turmeric and milk now - and many are forking over the hefty price tag of $10 because they see the value.
Turmeric has been used in India for over 4500 years and became an essential part of Ayurveda at 500 BC.
In the past few decades turmeric has caught the eye and hearts of the west.
There are over 6000 clinical studies today showing why Turmeric may be the number one healing herb on the planet.
Today I wanted to touch on some of the amazing benefits of this rich yellow powder and share some ideas on how to use it in your everyday life.
6 amazing benefits of turmeric
- Cleansing the skin - turmeric has some amazing skin health properties. Many skincare companies use turmeric in their ingredients because of its antimicrobial properties.
- Detoxification - The liver filters everything in your body so having an herb like turmeric as part of your diet can ensure that the organ gets a regular cleaning.
- Low energy - If you struggle with low energy, turmeric can help because of its antioxidants. It does this by taking our blood sugar and dispersing it evenly throughout the body. This creates sustained energy instead of the huge spikes that leave us tired from unhealthy foods.
- High in antioxidants - In our everyday environment we come face to face with lots free-radicals. They can create havoc on our system. The common cold, cancer and aging are a few of the ailments that free-radicals create. Turmeric can be a lethal weapon to fight this.
- Protects against heart-disease - Turmeric has been show to clean plaque in the arteries.
- It’s a natural anti-inflammatory - This relieves pain. If you have chronic joint pain, turmeric can help alleviate that. It can also help against muscle soreness from workouts.
- The main component in turmeric is called curcumin and this has been shows to increase cognitive ability and drive while decreasing the risk of dementia and alzheimer's.
5 ways to use turmeric in your everyday life
Make Dal - Check out our latest video by clicking here where we show you how to use turmeric in this delicious dish.
Herbal Tea - Mix turmeric, coconut milk, herbal tea and hot water together.
Turmeric and almond milk - Warm up almond milk and put a dash of turmeric for a comforting and earthy drink. This has helped me sleep better as well.
Cleanse your face by making a turmeric and raw honey mask. Leave it on for 3-5 minutes and wash it off.
- Put in your hummus for a curry like flavor - Check out our hummus recipe here - only thing you have to do is add turmeric to the dish.
Please subscribe to our channel for future articles and video here.
Blogger @Bharat Bazar