Vegan Hummus Recipe
Here at Bharat Bazar we are proud of offer a wide selection of authentic Indian groceries at our locations in and around the Bay Area, including Fremont, Sunnyvale and Union City. And we love to show just how our products can be used, and our food blogging friend Anand Swamy aka ‘The Vegan Swamy” shows us how to use our ingredients to create amazing dishes.
Before you start making the below recipe, you will need to have the following ingredients, which you can find at any of our Bharat Bazar locations.
- 2 cups Garbanzo beans (aka chick peas) canned
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Olive oil
- 1 Lemon
- 2 teaspoons tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 teaspoons Salt
1. Open canned garbanzo beans and leave 1/4 quarter cup of water. Add to Vitamix.
2. Cut 2-3 garlic cloves and put in blender
3. Add 1/4 of salt. It's always better to use less and add more later then adding too much from the beginning.
4. Add the juice of one lemon in Vitamix.
5. Add 2 tsp. Tahini
6. If you are using a Vitamix like I did start at the lowest speed and gradually move up as you need it. Should take no more than a few minutes!
7. Add olive oil at the end and top over with paprika. If hummus is still lacking add more lemon juice and salt.
Quick and easy! We love it.
Click below to watch Anand preparing the above recipe:
Visit Any Of Our Bay Area Indian Grocery Stores
We pride ourselves in caring a wide and diverse selection of Indian foods. Whether you’re looking for a particular type of Indian tea, a nice selection of fresh fruits and vegetables or need some authentic Indian spices, we’re sure to have just what you need at a very affordable price! If you’re in the Sunnyvale area, drop into our store for some fresh ready-to-eat food at our Indian Food Court. We look forward to seeing you!